Sunday 3 April 2011

Mon 28th March 2011 - Horse Whisperer Extraordinnaire!!!!!

We have a lovely shetland, who is absolutely good as gold. He's been with us for 2.5 years and he has never, never, put a hair out of line. He is adorable and perfect in every way.....

So, I decided that he would make the perfect guinea pig for me to practise my Join Up on, as I really didn't want to get it wrong with my big powerful mare in the round pen!!!

What a moment - it was text book perfect. He joined up with me, and followed up with me beyond my wildest dreams. We were literally 'dancing' around the round pen together, with his nose at my hip whichever way I turned. What a privilege to have experienced something like this. I think I'm going to have to practise on him a few more times though before I try my mare...........

No comments:

Post a Comment