Tuesday 22 February 2011

Last Couple of Weeks.....up to Mon 21st Feb 2011

So, its been cupcaktetastic in my house recently - that's what I do for my job by the way.....

Have managed to ride but keeping the blog updated hasn't been a priority so I apologise for that. I thought I'd just write a short summary of each ride just to remind me of what I've been up and to keep you all up to date too......

Sat 12th Feb
Hacked out with Amelie, my 6 year old daughter, and it was just perfect. It was sooo warm, the grass was bright green, the sky was blue and the sun was shining. We had a great ride through the woods and along the golf course for about an hour, and had some great trots. My instructor led Amelie and I just got on and did my own thing - I can remember thinking that there was nowehere I'd rather be!

Tues 15th Feb
Lungeing - had completely underestimated what an art form it is!!! My mare took complete advantage of me and was cantering round like a looney taking me further and further towards the gate!!!! My instructor ended up having to run in to the middle to help me out - hilarious really...although Charlie wasn't too impressed by the state of the field - looks like he'll be rolling at the weekend - oops!

Thurs 17th Feb
Great schooling followed by a lovely hack and she was good as gold. I can definitely feel my trust and confidence increasing.......

No comments:

Post a Comment