Thursday 10 February 2011

Thurs 10th Feb 2011 - Blue Sky and Robert Pattinson!!!!!

Well, who'd have thought that stepping into a magic circle coloured with bright blue sky whilst thinking of Robert Pattinson could make such a difference to my horsemanship????? Well, that's exactly what I did this morning, and as a result my mare and I cuddled for at least 20 minutes, both with our eyes closed (I cheated and took a peep once to see what she was doing).

At last night's confidence strategy meeting, Lisa from Holistic Horses once again pulled it out of the bag by introducing another great technique to help us build our confidence when with our horses. We had to think of a feeling that we wanted to anchor (mine was relaxation) and then remember times when we had felt like that with our horses. We were supposed to remember 3 times but I could only remember 2 so I had to think of another tine when I felt relaxed. The magic circle thing reminded me of the latest Twilight book as Bella has the power to create a protective field that she can wrap around herself and those she cares for to keep them safe from the Volturi. Anyway, to cut  a long story short, being the girls that we are the conversation digressed momentarily onto the subject of Robert Pattinson. It struck me that I feel VERY relaxed when thinking of him so I decided that he would be my third relaxed memory!

We had to think of the relaxed feeling, live that feeling through remembering sound, sights, smells experienced at that time, and then when the feeling was at a high, we had to step into our magic circle, intensify the feeling, and associate a colour with it; I chose bright sky blue.

So this morning, I threw my magic circle of relaxation over me and Kermit, allowed us to be wrapped up in a bright sky blue blanket, and dream of Robert Pattinson (or in Kermit's case maybe Vollegro!!!!).

When we were schooling and she was napping, I threw it over us again and felt a big grin spreading over my face. It really helped me to feel relaxed and happy with what we were doing. When she tried to nap I didn't feel at all frustrated as I usually do, but just calmly applied the right aids and asked her to move forwards. Although she still thought about it during our session, most times I managed to keep her moving where I wanted her to go and got a big "well done" from my instructor.

We had big rubs and cuddles afterwards and all felt good in the hood....oh, and she didn't try to bite me once - yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment