Tuesday 8 February 2011

Tues 8th Feb 2011 - A Hole in One!!!

Well, the good news is that we didn't become the hole, but the golf ball that was fired at us by the most useless golfer on the planet of the earth landed about one foot away from us. My horse just stood and looked at it - I think she must have been able to tell from the golfer's swing that it wasn't quite going to get us...I'm glad she was more confident in his lack of ability than I was!!!!!

30 seconds before we were nearly knocked out, a bonkers dog (luckily on the lead) was going absolutely mad at us, so I tried to ride my horse away from it, but she was adamant that she wanted to take a closer look at the yapping spaniel and decided that the best line of defence would be to stare him out!!!

What an interesting morning!

Prior to our hack out we had had a brilliant lungeing session. My instructor lunged with me mounted, and my main aim was to work on my walk/trot trot/walk transition. I had to pretend that I didn't have any legs and just to use my seat. I love being on the lunge and being able to concentrate on just one thing like this. I feel like its really helping me to properly learn to ride - working on one very small thing and not having to think about anything else, but each week building in just another small step. Monty Roberts calls it incremental learning when referring to the horse, and I think its the same for me when riding.

The absolute pleasure of today was feeling the sun warming through my fleece and watching the mist rise as we rode - what an absolute privilege to be with my gorgeous horse on a morning like this morning. And to finish off with a short hack across the fields riding on the buckle just made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment