Tuesday 22 February 2011

"Oh, We're Half Way There" .....Tues 22nd Feb 2011

Am very very very very very very excited and pleased with myself and my gorgeous mare!!!!!!! Dare I say it, but I think we're probably about half way there to achieving our goal of riding out together, just the two of us...

This morning we've had a fab schooling session in the paddock with lots of attempted napping at the gate to start with but I managed to get that completely sorted out by the end, and then I decided that I wanted to get out into the big fields and do my own thing. So my instructor just stayed at the gate and off we went. It was fantastic, and I mean really fantastic. My mare was listeing to me the whole time and we trotted off with a couple of short walks and halts for half an hour. We circled, rein changed etc and every time I asked her to she came right back to me, even when we were heading for home. We did it all by ourselves and are very happily in one piece to tell the tale - woo hoo!! We walked all the way home on the buckle and both of us had worked up a real sweat. Its the first time since I've had her that I felt like I was the leader, and a good leader at that, and I feel soooooooo happy - woooopppppeeee!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it's all going well - have you been throwing those blue circles?? Looking forward to seeing you all on Wednesday for some more strategies. Take care Lisa

    ReplyDelete