Tuesday 8 March 2011

Tues 8th March 2011 - Celebrate the small successes

The absolute secret to building confidence is to celebrate the small successes....

It's all too easy to focus on the negatives and build them up into great big things, whilst overlooking the very small successes!

I hadn't even realised that I'd had my first canter today in the big field until I was writing about it in my blog earlier, even though it has been a major goal I set myself 7 weeks ago. Even when my instructor said 'That was a nice little canter you had there' I just said 'I know, and she came back really easily', when what I should have done is wallowed in the moment!!! To be honest, I think what I'd just done really hadn't sunk in and I was in shock, or maybe it was because I was so relaxed about it that it had just become part and parcel of what I do when I ride now - even better I guess!

Even so, my confidence coach, Lisa Venables, said that we absolutely must wallow in our moments of success and mentioned something about champagne, so I'm off to the shops!!!! .....

No comments:

Post a Comment