Tuesday 22 March 2011

Tuesday 22nd March 2011 - Hacking Out With Company!!!!

Woooooohoooooooo!!! We have hacking buddies....Lucy (the rider) and Ed (the horse) rode up to meet us at our yard this morning and we rode out for an hour together. I am sooooooooooo excited I can hardly contain myself. Trying very hard to though otherwise she will think I'm some weird desperado (which I kind of am, but obviously I don't want her to know that!!!).

Anyway, Kermit was exceptional. She exceeded all my hopes and dreams and behaved perfectly, even when the lovely Ed was jigging and jogging. She took absolutely no notice and was so chilled - it was heaven.....

I had no idea how Kermit would react as she has only seen our shetland for 5 mths (plus a couple of riders coming past our fields who had lost their way) and so I thought she might be strong, excited, mareish.... Anyway, she was very very interested but that was it. She soon settled down and we walked around our 1 hour hack route across big open fields on long reins for the whole ride.

This is such a big thing for me I can't tell you.... In so many ways, but to avoid rambling, I'll sum up by saying that it feels like the start of a very exciting new chapter in my life - yiippppeeeee!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment