Monday 30 May 2011

Sunday 29th May 2011 - Kelly Marks May Masterclass

Kermit had a day off yesterday which wasn't in the original plan, but I thought it would do her good to have a day thinking about her schooling last night. And Charlie left early to go to Twickenham to watch the rugby, so I was home alone with the girls...

This morning Charlie hacked Kermit out on his own. Again, this was different to the plan where I had scheduled a family hack, but as I knew I was going on a solo hack tomorrow I thought it would be good if he took her out first, as she hasn't been out for about 3 weeks, due to her lameness....They had a great hack and included a long canter (homeward bound.....need to discourage him from this!!!).

This evening I've been to the Kelly Marks May Masterclass which was fantastic! It was great to see her riding and having so much fun. And it was also a great reminder about keeping your emotions out of situations, controlling your breathing, taking small steps and only increasing when both you and the horse are completely relaxed, standing to be mounted, body language, how to ride around spooky things and more!!! I took pages of notes which I can build into my planning for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment