Monday 24 January 2011

Lungeing....Thurs 20th Jan 2011

My mare is so quick to respond to voice commands it is just fantastic! It makes me feel so safe as as soon as you ask her to, she will come back to you almost immediately. It is her real strength.

Today my instructor lunged with me on and we practised using voice commands to ask her to move forward and come back which was great. She worked really hard and was really willing for the duration of the session. I also worked on my balance, leaning right forward and right back, which she seemed a little confused about at first but then carried on regardless after a few minutes.

It took 3 attempt to bring her in from the field to ride, so was expecting the same in the evening when I went to catch her, but holy moly, what did she go and do but just stand at the gate, let me put her headcollar on without biting once, and walked in like a dream! What a buzz!!! I felt on top of the world, as anyone walking by would have noticed as they would have seen a very  excited lady jumping up and down and punching the air on the way back from the stable!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment