Sunday 16 January 2011

Sunday 16th January 2011

Well, day two of the confidence course has been amazing. I have reassessed my goals/dreams and started to put together a plan for how to achieve them. I have loved every minute of the course, from meeting the people that run it, to getting to know my fellow course mates, the feeling of us all starting a journey together, the fact that I'm not alone... The list goes on .... I had another epiphany today....I remembered the moment I fell in love with my horse and the fantastic feeling I had when I first rode her. Somehow I had managed to totally forget that experience and bury it with negative affirmations. On the journey home the first thing I wanted to do was apologise to my horse for always expecting the worst of her.

On the way home i had a phonecall from my husband to say he had fallen off our horse and torn the ligaments in his ankle. They were cantering along when a hare jumped out in front of them and the mare had jumped to the side and my husband fell off.

Amazingly all I felt was that it was just one of those things. It hasn't made me feel worried about riding my horse tomorrow. In fact my first reaction was that she ought to be ridden out tomorrow along the exact same route to show her that there's nothing to be scared about along that stretch of field. I could never have imagined before attending the course that I would be feeling like this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment